Pentagram barrel race system
(Picture curtesy of Lazy Creek Stables)
A complete event hosting and or training system. Race timer and fault detection with points calculation to give each competitor a score.
Running and Walking modes option in the control post menu.
In this folder is
1) One Pentagram courses – this is in a rezzer for east setup and positioning.
** The ‘No Cheat system has extra sensors and hidden gates, please do not wander more than 1m off the line or it will incur a fault.
2) Scoreboards, Top 10 scores, Last 10 runs and 1 small pyramid (Web Link) this links to a Linden web page hosted on your sims server and saves all your top scores online.
(Web page is hosted on your sim server and is large enough for up to 100 Top scores/competitors per event)
Scoreboards have multi level access so others can reset them if you want, just add them to the access list through the control post.
Drag the rezzer to the ground and click the ‘Build’ option, move the rezzer in edit to position your course, go back to the menu click ‘Position’ then ‘Done’, you can now delete the rezzer.
1) Click on the control post, select ‘Setup’:
——— This option leaves the sensors in place after each run unless you click the control post to reset, this is best used if your running a short time event, it places less stress on the server as the sensors are not re rezzed for each run.
———- This option removes the sensors after each run to save prims, it is best used for extended events and for general use as the prims for the sensors go back into the sims pool of free prims while the event is not being used.
Select the option you want and the system will calculate and say a score channel into chat.
*YOU WILL NEED TO ENTER THIS SCORE CHANNEL INTO BOTH SCOREBOARDS AND THE WEB Links FOR THE SYSTEM TO WORK*
**NOTE- the text over the control pole will Change to tell you to configure its notecard, do not worry as this system is in a rezzer we have done that for you** Just click the pole to reset and it will turn green = ready
Setting up the score boards
Drag the score board rezzer onto the ground, as before click and select build from the menu, position as required. Click the rezzer again and select the ‘Done’ option as you did with the course above.
Configuring the Scoreboards
1) Click edit on each scoreboard in turn, go to the contents tab and open the settings notecard, look for this line channel,-2456
Paste or type your score channel after the comma.
2) To configure the web Score board just do the same as above
3) Close the edit window and click on the control post to reset.
******* Thats it your done ready to compete*********
Resetting the scores
Use the control post menu ‘Scores’ tab.
options are to reset -top, -Last, -web or -all scores
Adding other people to Admin:
You can add people to have full power over the system and access the admin options in the control post.
To do this just select the ‘Access’ tab and the access menu will be given to you and follow the instructions on the menus
Create a list of people to have access.
Set a password to give access.
Note* Only the owner can add people to the access list or set the access method
To update names added via the note card when the control posy is already in-world click on the ‘Load db’ tab, this will load updated names from the note card
To use more than one instance of the same event type in the same sim you will have to give the second and subsequent instances a different course number.
This produces a different channel for each course so each instance of the event will only communicate with its own scoreboards etc
Configuring the course and Race controller for a second course owned by you in the same sim
This is a little bit fiddly so I am giving it to you in small steps
1) Decided on a number for your course, lets say for example its course number 1
Click edit on the start line and in the description box type 100.
now move onto your first obstacle and in the description box type 101, second obstacle 102 and so on, if you have a large course with 32 obstacles it will be 132 ( you can have up to 99 obstacles in one course)
2) Go back over each obstacle including the start and click into edit, in the contents tab of each obstacle click the ‘reset scripts’ tab, this forces the scripts to read the object description so it know what course it is on and its position in that course eg: ‘I am part of course number one, I am the 12th obstacle’.
You will also need to change the course numbers on the hidden faults on the ground, to see these go to transparent view (Ctrl+alt+t)
3) Click into edit on the control post and open the ‘settings’ notecard.
you will see these lines:
Enter your new course number after the |||
*save the notecard*
Then use the menus on the control post as above and add the new channel generated to the settings in the scoreboards.