Barrels race system
A complete Barrels event hosting and or training system. Race timer and fault detection with points calculation to give each competitor a score
Running and Walking modes option in the control post menu.
In this product is
1) One barrel Race rezzer for easy setup
2) Scoreboards, Top 10 scores, Last 10 runs and 1 small pyramid (Web Link) this links to a Linden web page and saves all your scores online
(Web page is hosted on your sim server and is large enough for up to 100 Top scores/competitors per event)
Scoreboards have multi level access so others can reset them if you want just add them to the access list through the control post.
Running and Walking modes.
Copy and mostly mod, this course is set into a rezzer for easy setup but once rezzed it can be re sized smaller or larger and customised to suit your needs
The prim count can be reduced by 19 prims if you only use one scoreboard or if your really short on prims just use the web scoreboard pyramid, racers can then view the top 100 scores through a browser.
(Compatible with Iren’s results log 1.6 and above)
Drag the rezzer to the ground and click the ‘Build’ option, move the rezzer in edit to position your course, go back to the menu click ‘Position’ then ‘Done’, you can now delete the rezzer.
1) Click on the control post, select the setup option:
——— This option leaves the sensors in place after each run unless you click the control post to reset, this is best used if your running a short time event, it places less stress on the server as the sensors are not re rezzed for each run.
———- This option removes the sensors after each run to save prims, it is best used for extended events and for general use as the prims for the sensors go back into the sims pool of free prims while the event is not being used.
Select the option you want and the system will calculate and say a score channel into chat.
*YOU WILL NEED TO ENTER THIS SCORE CHANNEL INTO BOTH SCOREBOARDS AND THE WEB Link FOR THE SYSTEM TO WORK*
Just click the ‘RaceReset’ and the pole will turn green = ready
Setting up the score boards
Drag the score board rezzer onto the ground, as before click and select build from the menu, position as required. Click the rezzer again and select the ‘Done’ option as you did with the course above.
Configuring the Scoreboards
1) Click edit on each scoreboard in turn, go to the contents tab and open the settings notecard, look for this line channel,-2456
Paste or type your score channel after the comma.
2) To configure the web Score board just do the same as above
3) Close the edit window and click on the control post to reset.
******* Thats it your done ready to compete*********
Adding other people to Admin:
You can add people to have full power over the system and access the admin options in the control post.
To do this just select the ‘Access’ tab and the access menu will be given to you and follow the instructions on the menus
Create a list of people to have access.
Set a password to give access.
You can add avatar names via chat or enter the name on the ‘access’ note card, the note card is the default setting so if you want to put the complete system with scoreboards already setup into your own rezzer your admin list is loaded automatically. To update names added via the note card click on the ‘Load db’ tab, this will load updated names from the note card
That’s it your ready to train and or run events
To use more than one instance of the same event type owned by you in the same sim at the same time you will have to give the second and subsequent instances a different course number.
This produces a different channel for each course so each instance of the event will only communicate with its own scoreboards etc
Configuring the course and Race controller for a second course owned by you in the same sim
This is a little bit fiddly so I am giving it to you in small steps
1) Decided on a number for your course, lets say for example its course number 20
Click edit on the start line and in the description box type 2000.
now move onto your first obstacle and in the description box type 2001, second obstacle 2002 and so on .
2) Go back over each obstacle and fault including the start and click into edit, in the contents tab of each obstacle click the ‘reset scripts’ tab, this forces the scripts to read the object description so it knows what course it is on and its position in that course eg: ‘I am part of course number 20’. Look in transparent view and do the same for the fault layers that cover the Pentagram
3) Click into edit on the control post and open the ‘settings’ notecard.
you will see these lines:
Enter your new course number after the |||
*save the notecard*
Then use the menus on the control post as above and add the new channel generated to the settings in the scoreboards.
* Note as from Barrel race Rezzer 1.4 extra sensors were added to stop cheating, if you are adding a second course or moving the barrels further apart go to ‘transparent’ and note the extra sensor rezzers ontop of the barrels, ( a small square) you should move this with the barrel and or if renumbering the course treat it as another obstacle as above. Obstacle count for this race has risen accordingly from 3 to 6.